Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Empty Lot

by: Rafael Luigi Siy

I walk a path 
with those I love,
To a place of peace 
and passion.

Though not long ago
I Drank, I
Danced and
Disturbed my neighbors slumber.

Woke up
 2 hours later and felt
The Earth tumble
and the ground tremble.

Now back 
in the path of which
my love one's
sleep.

I held the hand
Of a frail old lady.
Who used 
to be my Doctor.

As we walk,
Her life experience seemed to
 flow out like an
endless river.

My mind absorbing 
her life and sufferings.
It stopped as we 
saw the Empty lot.

Don't be Gay
Love your family
Cherish you Friends
is what she said.

nonsense is what
I thought.
Till she said 
This empty lawn is her's.

I stopped
I remembered
and finally
I Smiled.

Holding her hand
Tighter now.
Walking slowly 
away.

As I look back 
at the empty lot
all I could say was
All is well.








No comments:

Post a Comment