Monday, October 22, 2012

THE USELESS WAGON!





Basically this is the poem we read for the weak on of the shortest i have ever read and the hardest for me to comprehend.

The Red Wheelbarrow

so much depends
upon

a red wheel
barrow

glazed with rain
water

beside the white
chickens. 
William Carlos Williams
This poem gave me a hell of  hard time. First i though this looks so simple and when i read it. The poem made no sense to me and i couldn't quite figure out what is was about. I really wished that i have known sooner but I am Glad that my professor explain everything to us. 
First of all when i discovered the poem actually looked liked a wheelbarrow my mind was already blown. because i never really took notice to that. Other than that i could not still understand the poem. Then he said something about feeling the poem as we say it. It gives us the feeling of something heavy when we say the words.
it was quite new to me because I do not really see the point of doing all those things but eventually we came up with the theory that the poem is basically about a broken wheelbarrow that felt useless because it was left out in the rain and not being taken care of.
Well i guess the insight here was basically how this poem talks about heavy burdens being carried by people. The poet talks relate  the feeling of being useless in the world on how it is so difficult to feel useless like someone with no sense of purpose in life I think that is what the poem is implying. 
The poem pretty much didn't keep me interested. Honestly i have nothing much to say here because there isn't much i can really say that is nice about the poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment